Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm feeling 22

I only took one picture but I had an afternoon of hair and got all the girls ready for Valentines Pictures, which ended up being put off. It was still so fun, Maya really loves doing hair and is awesome at it so its fun talking hair with her.


I got deathly ill, well basically just laid on a couch sleeping for 10 days straight. During which my besties came and helped me get stuff done and cheer me up with their mad dance skills.


I helped put on a Valentines Dance for our ward, which is only made up of newly married students. It was a blast and people came decked out in formals and in matching t-shirts. 


Birthdays are about as important as Christmas in this house  apartment. I grew up in a home where it was not just your BirthDAY it was your Birthday Weekend and then it became Birthday Week...and I am working on Birthday Month getting started... February is now over so all the Birthday celebration has ended.

My Birthday was February 13th and I turned 22! I was hoping to be able to play 22 by Taylor Swift, but with all my celebrating I didn't put much practice in on the guitar... I went birthday shopping at the beginning of the month so I could enjoy new clothes through my Birthday Month and we started the day at Waffle Love and enjoyed these masterpieces:



Mama Swens came over and made me this legit card using pink and green (my FAVORITE colors) and her new silhouette!


She then took me to Red Robin for a birthday lunch, I am the luckiest as far as in-laws go. I seriously consider Jeanne one of my very best friends.


I got texts and phone calls from my family and friends, I especially loved these pictures from my niece.




Erik then blindfolded me and drove me all over to surprise me with my gifts, which I LOVED, and to top it off we ended my actual BirthDAY at In-N-Out. I don't think there is a better ending to life then In-N-Out.


The next day was Valentines. We started at D.I., my new favorite store, we found 10 games for $15! I also search through the book sections in ALL thrift type stores these days. I am building a collection to read to my kids that were my favorites. Lately I have been looking for anything Beverly Cleary and I just completed the Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing aka Fudge series.




I spent a good part of Valentines Day with Tehya and Shyannah. We made valentine cards, cupcakes, and decorated the house to surprise their Mom and Dad! 





This is their adorable Valentines card, I have the best job!


We went to Tucannos for our Valentines Dinner! My favorite is the filet mignon wrapped in bacon, Erik's always loves the pineapple and he enjoyed the added fish items for Valentines.


My clarisonic arrived in the mail, I was pretty pumped

      

I made a maxi skirt one Sunday evening and this is the only photo I have of it so far. I kinda winged it and I love how it turned out. Especially since it took less then an hour to do.


I had a Funfetti cake with aqua frosting, pink sprinkles, and 22 candles a few days after my actual Birthday. IT was so good!


Erik's dad took us shooting for a combination of our Birthdays. I have been wanting to go ever since getting into The Walking Dead. It was my first time shooting a gun and I was pretty proud of how well I did. Erik of course showed us all up with his skills, which is funny since he doesn't really like guns or the thought of me with guns. We had a blast with Kent and Jeanne.

Then February 20th rolled around and Erik turned 24! Its crazy that were born exactly a week from each other. It makes celebrating all month totally acceptable. This was a picture from his birthday after he got a package from my parents full of Active wear. He had school and work until 10 pm, I got him Provo Bakery for breakfast and we had his favorite food for dinner, Hamburger Pie. We also just relaxed and watched his favorite show Psych. I sure do love him.


Then it was Possim's big B-day. I sure am grateful for such an amazing example in my life. 

I also was able to score some MC Hammer pants and Overalls form Cotton On. I am pretty much obsessed with overalls and have decided to bring them back into style.


Crazy that we've been married for almost two years already. I am sure time will just keep flying.


Side note I tried a new cookie recipe from Pinterest. Hands down they are so delicious.


Now that I have pretty much finished the chairs and I have the piano just the way I like it, I decided to use a little Annie Sloan magic on this dresser, stay tuned for the end result!


1 comment:

  1. Ah you are the cutest! Can't wait to see how your dresser turns out and I want your clarisonic! :)

    ReplyDelete